Friday, January 25, 2013

Spun Sugar Nails


I have seen so many version of this interesting nail art technique and I thought I would give it a spin.  The idea is to pour out a small amount of polish on something and stir it around until it dries just enough to make it "string" when you pull your stirrer up.  I hope that made sense.  It is kinda like making peanut brittle and you wait until the mixture makes a string of sugar from the spoon when pulled out of the pan.  After you have said string of polish, you lay it across your nail.  Then do this about 30 more times per nail (which takes quite a while, mind you) and you're done!  I used just one color for the spun sugar overlay this time, but I think that it would look good to layer four or five different "sugar strings" or maybe sponge several colors on the nail and then lay black polish strings over the top of it.  I enjoyed it - hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment